My Twitter Account:

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Love your own path

I'm a bit of a neurotic. A closet neurotic. I freak out about the silliest things, even when I know it's no big deal. There is a powerful false self I've created, and it wants to protect me from even the smallest hurt, even if it knows it's making up the hurt. This false self in me sometimes gets me to look outside of myself and compare myself to others, constantly. Thusly, according to this false self, I am always in competition with the people I surround myself with--I can never support them or be happy for them. Some relationships have decayed due to this shadow self. Still, I love my path. The Universe cornered me to do so over the past several months. I was highly reluctant, but the constant comparing myself to others was driving me off the deep end. So I resolved to, no matter how fast or slowly I thought I was moving through life, love everything about my path, and the lessons I am learning. It's highly empowering when you can do that--especially when it comes to the the things that aren't so nice to look at. People may look at you strangely for all the things that you're going through, but at a certain point in your development, it's not worth it to succumb to popular opinion; you have to be true to your experience. It's tough at first, but it's well worth it. Peace n chill, GG

No comments:

Post a Comment