My Twitter Account:

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mercury Retrograde (Poem)

Every retrograde my lips wade backward Turning phrases like shirts inside out Pouring syllabic rivers in reverse back to their ending-- The ocean. I am quiet; Dieting, fasting, rather From the meaningless mantras That tend to distract me From the distractions That tend to distract me. I am quiet; I inhale every sound I've made since the last retrograde And hold my breath. A strange pranayam I am to practice For three weeks straight-- My cheeks are already turning blue. This was by no decision of mine. My mouth becomes a vacuum cleaner (get your mind out of the gutter) By Cosmic Mandate, An energy much bigger Much more profound Than my body's plans. That is why Every retrograde my lips wade backward Turning phrases like shirts inside out Pouring syllabic rivers in reverse back to their ending-- The ocean, And I am quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment