My Twitter Account:

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Denver and the Comfort Zone

I know it's been a few days since I've posted entries, but I have a very good reason why--I've been in Denver at the Empower Network's "Don't be a Wussy" Event! I've got so much stuff to share, I'm dedicating this entire week's worth of entries to it. So I'm starting off with the day I arrived--A day late, mind you... Tired as Heck after getting into Denver Empower Network is real. When I walked into the Denver/Colorado Convention Center, I could already feel the vibe of the place; thousands of people with the same general vision as I. The thing was though, it felt like family. I was united with every person there. But I also felt a little off balance. Luckily throughout the course of my time in Denver, the Universe would continue to say through people's mouths--"Get out of your comfort zone" people like Dave Wood, Tony Rush, and others. I was out of my comfort zone at the "Don't be a Wussy" event--I had never been to an event like this before--but I made a decision to be okay with that. I met people, and had interactions I never would have had if I hadn't been open to being outside of my comfort zone. The comfort zone can be so deceptive--it feels as if everything is great in life, but there is this thing inside that keeps gnawing at you to be great. If you want to realize your dreams, understand that you will be taken out of what's comfortable. You just have to decide whether your priority is to remain in your comfort zone, or to get in "THE ZONE" and create a badass reality. Getting out of our comfort zone means stretching what we believe is possible. If we do this enough, sometimes this can lead to withdrawal symptoms, and we want the comfort again. That's when you plug into your dream, your purpose. It will realign you to what you really want in life. If what you want in life involves being in an uncomfortable place, you will go there willingly. EXCELSIOR, G.A.B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment