My Twitter Account:

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Make-Believe

Y'know, I have a real issue with the way the term "Make-believe" is used. It's a way to downplay possibility. I was the movie "The Celestine Prophecy" with a few friends, and I could tell that one of them wasn't really digging the material. For those that don't know, 'The Celestine Prophecy" is a fictional account of a main character's expansion of consciousness in order to see the world in a celestial way. This is done through nine insights about the current state of the world and how to not only ameliorate it, but to turn it into a paradise. If I was correct in my assessment about my friend, then I understood his skepticism. That was me, in a way, three years ago--skeptical of possibilities of expansion, joy and magic happening in my life. Another friend said later as we were watching, "This is make-believe," to which I blurted, "That's right. We make what we believe." I felt a little hurt at the mild skepticism and patronization I was perceiving, but the most important thing was that I enjoyed the film (after seeing it like 30 times), and I gained new insight into myself. "We make what we believe." I couldn't believe I had said that, but it was/is so true. Whatever we perceive is what we create, and what we create is what we believe. This may be hard for some to gather, but life is a series of perceptions, or one big wave of perception. The human eye can only see 0.005% of the entire spectrum of the universe--and even of that infinitesimal percentage, we choose to see even less than that! Our entire reality is a perception of the Universe, a perception of what we believe about ourselves. "We make what we believe about ourselves." This is important because what each individual human being believes about her/himself on a subconscious level is what gives rise to the world that we share. Think about it. If you believe you can do something, even if you don't have the strength, tools, or now how in this very moment, don't you fight like hell to realize your ability in that thing? If you don't believe you can do something, you don't even attempt it, or you may attempt it, fail, and become discouraged easily. Sometimes we believe we can do something, but we believe we'll never get the chance to do it, which can lead to a lifetime of self-stifling, and for those that don't know themselves to be the creators of their reality, they blame their lack or dream realization on the outside world that they themselves have created. What really needs to happen is a deep uprooting of outdated, un-useful beliefs. If you want to do what you've never done, you've got to be who you've never been--you've got to believe what you've never believed, and don't give up. Old b.s. beliefs have to be replaced with beliefs you prefer, so your experience follows suit. Have you ever seen kids playing? Of course you have. When they play make believe, have you ever noticed that they simply declare what role they are going to play in the game with others? Rarely do you see a child think about what they want to be; they just 'be' it! "I'm going to be the captain!" "I'm the monkey!" "I have super magical powers!" You've got to be like that. The difference between how kids play at the playground, and how you play in the game of life, is that you can't leave life like they can leave the sandbox. You have the ability to hold on to a dream, to uproot the beliefs keeping you from that dream, and to replace those beliefs with more suitable ones to realize your dream. "Make-believe". Really listen to those words next time you hear someone say them, and remember what we've discussed here: "We make what we believe." Excelsior, G.A.B.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment